What is AUSPECC?
Our role is to combine the interests of Government, Business and Academia in providing Australian input into PECC and through PECC to APEC, ensuring practical policy outcomes for Australia in the Asia Pacific Region.
- is Australia's committee for the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC),
- coordinates Australian involvement in PECC work, covering trade policy; human resources; telecommunications; transportation; financial markets; food and agriculture; and the Pacific Economic Outlook,
- maintains strong relations with Australian Government, business and academia,
- reports to the Minister for Trade on economic policy issues surrounding Australia's involvement in the Asia Pacific Region members are appointed by the Minister for Trade, and the work of sub-committees is augmented by additional specialists, and
- includes many senior academic members who contribute to the output of PECC as well as AUSPECC.
- identifying viable policy options for Government,
- assisting in building a broad consensus for change to help the Government implement initiatives,
- coordinating policy formulation based on the interests and issues of its tri-partite membership,
- providing a source of information to the Australian business community on regional economic and policy development, using its regional network,
- representing the concerns of Australian Government, business and academia on regional issues, through its various work programs, and
- advising the Australian Government on regional policy formulation, choices, and implications, via its relationship with APEC.
Mr Ian Buchanan
Senior Executive Adviser
Professor Christopher Findlay AM
Faculty of Professions
The University of Adelaide
Professor Andrew MacIntyre
Deputy Vice-Chancellor International and Vice President, RMIT University
Mr Allan Gyngell AO
Convener, HC Coombs Policy Forum
Director, Crawford Australian Leadership Forum, The Australian National University
Mr Miles Kupa
Former senior Australian diplomat with extensive overseas experience and expertise on foreign policy, intelligence and security.
Senior Advisor (observer status)
Mr Andrew Parker
Partner, Deals and Asia Practice Leader
Mr John West
Adjunct Professor, Sophia University, Japan
Head of Secretariat
Mr Sung Lee
Manager, HC Coombs Policy Forum & Crawford Australian Leadership Forum. The Australian National University